1000+ attendees, 100+ speakers, 10 conference streams, 30 exhibitors, 40+ CPD accredited sessions
With the implementation of the NHS Patient Safety Strategy paused and delayed due to the pandemic – we’re finally starting to see national initiatives and new frameworks get back on track.
The appointment of the first Patient Safety Commissioner for England and as well as over 700 new Patient Safety Specialist roles across the country, demonstrates renewed efforts to drive the national commitment of putting safety and quality at the heart of patient care. The past year has heralded a significant opportunity to change long-standing ways of working, and lock in innovation driven by the frontline, to ensure the system remains at the forefront of clinical excellence.
In its 15th year, the HSJ Patient Safety Congress is the only event to bring together all stakeholders across the health and care spectrum to debate the most critical patient safety issues and share practical solutions to enable progress and spearhead the collective drive to advance the national agenda.
As a CPD accredited event, this is your opportunity to:
- Find out all of the latest updates on national initiatives, strategies and frameworks; and how they will impact your role
- Discover how progress is being made against the core strategic priorities identified in the national strategy
- Explore pioneering case studies that are revolutionising clinical practice, with involvement and input from patients and their families
- Hear from a wide-range of perspectives from patients to national leaders, clinical teams, Patient Safety Specialists and more!
BOOK YOUR TICKETS TODAY
Delivering on the vision of the NHS Patient Safety Strategy
To help deliver the greatest impact on patient safety improvement – as set out in the vision for the NHS Patient Safety Strategy - the key themes for this year’s Congress are designed around practical and actionable ideas that you can take back to your organisation; helping you turn national priorities into local implementation.
- Pioneering case studies that showcase clinician-led innovation, with transferable lessons to inspire improvement initiatives in your organisation
- Latest developments on new national frameworks and strategies, helping you to optimise learning, re-think approaches to investigations, strengthen system-wide risk identification and leverage training opportunities
- Deep dive into the specific safety concerns in high priority service areas including women’s healthcare, mental health, digital health, care and safety in non-acute settings
- Exchange ideas with peers to find ways to best support staff welfare, including the implications of long-covid, and its impact on patient safety
- Explore the opportunities of ICSs and the potential for a whole systems approach to patient flow and risk management
- New ideas to advance your thinking around human factors, building a restorative culture, learning from mistakes and enabling long-lasting change
- Updates and insights from the Patient Safety Commissioner as well as first-hand reflections from Patient Safety Specialists
WHY ATTEND THE CONGRESS?
- Updates on all aspects of the NHS Patient Safety Strategy from NHSEI leaders as well as local initiatives responding to the key priorities as set out in 2019
- Hear first-hand from national leaders including the newly appointed Patient Safety Commissioner for England and the Director for Patient Safety at NHSEI
- Access the best examples of innovation from across the country through a series of case studies, all hand-selected for their transferable learnings by HSJ and the Congress Advisory Board
- Hear directly from patients and families throughout sessions and relate learning back to real-world experiences – making this a meaningful and outcomes-focused discussion throughout the 2 days
- Participate in hard hitting panels and Q&A sessions that challenge views, think outside the box and allow everyone to have a voice in how safety improvements can be delivered across the health and care system
- 2 days to focus on your professional development and reflect, re-energise and benchmark your progress with others across the country – going back to work inspired with new actionable insights for you and your team
- This is a CPD accredited event, where you can earn up to 33 CPD points by attending the event in-person and accessing content from 10 content streams on-demand post-event
- Your event, your community, this is an opportunity to meet newly appointed Patient Safety Specialists and to be part of the next chapter in the drive for continuous improvement in patient safety
WHO ATTENDS THE CONGRESS?
This is the only event designed for all stakeholders responsible for patient safety across health and care as our audience profile demonstrates:
- 40% patient safety, quality, governance and risk teams
- 40% front-line medical, nursing, midwifery teams
- 20% board level leadership and improvement leads
- 70% NHS Trusts / acute care providers
- 10% Non-acute care providers
- 10% National stakeholders and ALBs/strong>
- 10% other
For more information on the job titles and responsibilities that attend the event, click here.
BOOK YOUR TICKETS TODAY