VIEW IMPORTANT GUEST INFORMATION HERE
Following the Government updated covid-19 announcement on 19 July, the HSJ Patient Safety Congress will be running as planned on 20 - 21 September 2021 as it adheres to all the current guidelines.
The safety and health of all HSJ customers, staff and stakeholders attending our event is our number one priority and the HSJ Patient Safety Congress team have been working hard to implement additional measures and precautions to allow the event to take place in a safe way whilst still creating memorable experiences for our attendees.
Manchester Central is our venue partner and they have been working in line with the Government’s All Secure Standard for delivering events during this time. In addition they have carried out a covid-19 risk assessment to successfully achieve certification by Visit England we’re good to go which demonstrates robust safety measures they have in place. You can find out more about Manchester Central and venue safety here.
In addition, we are also implementing the following covid-19 measures at the event:
- Rapid Lateral Flow Test - All guests, HSJ staff, suppliers, and venue staff will be required to conduct a rapid lateral flow test 24 hours before attending the event and get a negative result. On your arrival you will be required to show either photographic evidence of the test strip or confirmation from NHS Test and Trace if you logged your result
- Face coverings – we are politely requesting that everyone, when inside, wears a face covering whilst moving around the venue.
- Temperature check - on arrival all guests will have their temperature checked which must be below 37.8c.
- Covid-19 declaration – we will be asking everyone the below questions and request that if you answer yes to any of them, then you should not attend the event:
- Have you tested positive for covid-19 in the last 7 days?
- Are you waiting for a covid-19 test or the results?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: a new, continuous cough; a high temperature or fever; loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste?
- Do you live with someone who has either tested positive for covid-19 or had symptoms (as outlined above) of covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Hand sanitiser dispensers – located at all key areas and will also be mandatory usage by all staff
- Cleaning and sanitising – surfaces such as tabletops, floors and furniture coverings will be subject to revised and increased cleaning protocols to ensure they always remain hygienically clean during the event.
- Entry – queuing systems and markers will be in place to keep people a safe distance at check-in
- One-way system – in high traffic areas there will be one-way systems implemented to keep people at a safe distance
- Track and trace – we will not require guests to check into the Track and Trace app as all attendees are checked in on arrival by the HSJ team
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) – Manchester Central HVAC system is regularly maintained to best practice engineering standards, with fresh air exchange maximised within the venue.
- Medical assistance – the venue provides onsite event safety team and first aiders for medical support should it be required
The safety of everyone who attends the HSJ Patient Safety Congress is of foremost importance and we are continuing to monitor government and industry updates closely around delivering events safely - please refer to this page regularly for the most up to date information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in contact the team at email@example.com.