Professor Scott Weich
Head of the Mental Health Research Unit in the School of Health & Related Research at the University of Sheffield.
Consultant Psychiatrist at Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Foundation Trust.
- Trained at the Maudsley and Institute of Psychiatry
- Sen Lecturer at UCL (1996-2003), Professor of Psychiatry at Warwick (2003-16)
- Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist since 1996 (and still practicing)
- Variety of NIHR roles inc CLRN Clinical Director, RfPB Panel chair, HTA roles etc
- Trust R&D Director (2008-16) Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust
- Psychiatry module lead at WMS for MBChB (2003-09)
- Public mental health, including socio-economic, ethnic & spatial inequalities
- Compulsion, coercion and patient experience
- Observational research, especially cohort studies using secondary data + pharmacoepidemiology
- Mental health services evaluation including new care models