Patient Safety Congress 2018 - Poster Competition
The Patient Safety Poster competition recognises safety and quality improvement initiatives from the UK and around the world and provides an important platform for patient safety advocates to share and exchange safety and quality breakthroughs with peers and stakeholders.
If you or your team have had success with an evidence-based, innovative, quality or safety initiative we want to hear from you!
Posters recognised for display will be showcased to over 1,000 patient safety experts and practitioners at the Patient Safety Congress, where ten category winners and one overall winner will also be announced and celebrated.
In every category, judges are looking for well-presented posters that describe clear, well-evidenced projects with the ultimate goal of delivering tangible improvements in patient safety. Illustrative examples are given, but projects are not limited to these examples
- Judges are looking for projects that promote innovative workforce solutions to ensure safe staffing levels. As an example, projects may look specifically at ways to boost recruitment, retention or engagement of high quality staff.
A culture for learning and change
- Judges are looking for projects that promote a positive, open culture that places importance on learning from mistakes. Examples may include projects on incident investigation, processes to learn from complaints or work to improve the culture within your organisation.
Safety systems management
- Judges are looking for projects that show best practice in the implementation of a comprehensive safety management system. Examples may include the implementation of a new system or the overhaul of an existing one.
The patient voice
- Judges are looking for projects that promote the genuine co-production of patient care between services and service users. Examples may include innovative ways of finding out what really matters to patients and using that to improve the quality of care and ongoing partnerships between patients and the services they use.
Working with vulnerable patients
- Judges are looking for projects that promote safety within a setting that cares for vulnerable patients. Examples may include caring for those with dementia, caring for people with learning disabilities or patient safety in a mental health setting.
Leadership and management
- Judges are looking for projects that promote best practice in leadership and management. Examples may include innovative and effective internal management/leadership training, mentor programmes or projects that show a practice of leading by example.
Education and training
- Judges are looking for projects that show innovative and impactful education and training programmes. Examples may include the implementation of a brand new programme or the improvement of an existing programme to increase its impact.
- Judges are looking for innovative QI projects that have delivered a measurable impact on safety. Examples may include projects using low cost interventions, processes to improve reporting or improving care pathways.
The deteriorating patient
- Judges are looking for projects that promote the quick recognition and escalation of deteriorating patients. Examples may include specific work around AKI or sepsis, or wider pieces of work on the effective recognition and escalation of deteriorating patients.
Improving processes and outcomes
- Judges are looking for projects that have effectively improved processes with a demonstrable impact on patient outcomes. Examples may include projects to improve decision-making processes, care delivery or the recording of information.
Creating your poster
To download the poster template click here
The PDF of your poster must follow these four required criteria:
- Format: A1 in size (594mm x 841mm)
- Include the poster title
- Include your organisation logo and contact for further information
All other design aspects are then up to individual organisations.
Poster PDF Deadline: 20 April 2018
Please note that if successfully selected as recognised for display, you will not be required to print your poster. Posters will be printed for you and we are unable to display any received on the day.